60th Jubilee Celebration
Left to right: Sisters Marie Gerads, Rita Kunkel, Miriam Ardolf, Clare Witzman, Telan Hu, Stephanie Mongeon, Bernard Heit and Lydia Erkens
On Saturday, April 18, our community gathered to celebrate Sisters making their 60th anniversary jubilee (pictured above). Eucharist, with Bishop Donald Kettler presiding, was followed a festive community meal.
Congratulations, Sisters, and thank you for your 60 years of commitment to monastic life!
Photographer: Karen Streveler, OSB
Girls, God and Good Times
2015 Summer Camp Registration Open for Girls in Grades 6 through 8!
Camp for Grades 4 and 5 FULL!
Spring-Summer Spirituality Center Offerings!
Spring-summer offerings at the Spirituality Center are now open for registration. Catch the "Early Bird" bargains!
According to St. Benedict, guests are never lacking in a monastery. Be our guest as you take a virtual tour of the monastery. Welcome!
- "Reimagined" at Whitby Gallery
- Available Now! On-line Registration for Fall 2015 Courses at School of Benedictine Spirituality
- Benedictine Spirituality: Stephanie Mongeon, OSB, Speaks in Ogden, Utah
- Haehn Museum: Church, Community, Creativity: Testimony of Courage and Hope through the Prism of Latin American Women
- Nominations Open: 2015 Mother Benedicta Riepp Award
- So Let Your Light Shine! A Student's View of the Monastery
We invite you to partner with us to help continue our mission and ministries. Click the button on the left to donate. THANK YOU!
Sister Karen Rose chronicled her final six months prior to her Perpetual Monastic Profession July 11, 2012. Read about her journey via her blog, here:
Christina Désert: Working to Share Benedictine Values
Christina reflects on her year of service in Bristow, Va.
Follow her blog here, and share her experiences during her year serving in the ministries of the Benedictine Sisters of Virginia, Bristow, Va. She is working with women and children through BARN, a transitional housing program and also with BEACON, a literacy program for adult immigrants and others who are working toward achieving a GED.
Christina Désert:2013-14 BWSC volunteer