Keep the Garden Growing!
Help us expand the outreach ministry of Common Ground Garden, feeding both the bodies and spirits of people in central Minnesota. We would like to raise money to fund the following:
- make major electrical upgrades to the barn and provide coolers
- renovate part of the barn for work, educational, and social activity spaces
- build a winter green house for a year-round garden
Our goal: To raise $50,000 in 24 hours!
Please Give to the Max on Thursday, November 13, 2014. You can give a gift online starting as early as November 1, but the transaction will only be charged to your credit card on November 13, and gifts will be included in the giving day totals and prize eligibility.
Sacred Heart Chapel
Celebrating 100 Years of Worship
1914 - 2014
Sacred Heart Chapel, Saint Benedict's Monastery, was built in 1914. In this centenary year, each month a photograph of the chapel will be featured on our home page. Our October photograph shows the dome and the Gathering Place set behind the beautiful fall colors within the garden before the chapel steps. Photo by Carleen Schomer, OSB
Spirituality Center Programs!
Fall offerings at the Spirituality Center open for registration. Catch the "Early Bird" bargains! Click here to learn more about our programs.
According to St. Benedict, guests are never lacking in a monastery. Be our guest as you take a virtual tour of the monastery. Welcome!
- All Saints - Join Us in Worship
- Beauty of Living and Giving: Retreat for Younger Women, Mothers and Grandmothers
- Fall Sale at Saint Scholastica Convent
- Girls, God and Good Memories
- Holiday Opening at Whitby Gift Shop
- Obituary: Barbara (Amelia) Weiland, OSB
- Obituary: Marold (Leona) Kornovich, OSB
- Obituary: Mary Frances (Catherine) Gebhard, OSB
We invite you to partner with us to help continue our mission and ministries. Click the button on the left to donate. THANK YOU!
Sister Karen Rose chronicled her final six months prior to her Perpetual Monastic Profession July 11, 2012. Read about her journey via her blog, here:
Christina Désert: Working to Share Benedictine Values
Christina reflects on her year of service in Bristow, Va.
Follow her blog here, and share her experiences during her year serving in the ministries of the Benedictine Sisters of Virginia, Bristow, Va. She is working with women and children through BARN, a transitional housing program and also with BEACON, a literacy program for adult immigrants and others who are working toward achieving a GED.
Christina Désert:2013-14 BWSC volunteer