Volunteer opportunities available at Saint Benedict’s Monastery include:
- Receptionist in the Gathering Place (flexible days/hours)
- Archive assistant in the monastery Archives
- Special events assistant with duties to include assisting with registration, dining room service, parking cars, etc.
- E-Z-GO (golf cart) driver to transport our sisters around the monastery campus
- Lawn and garden partners
- Mailing assembler for bulk mailings
- Office assistant/receptionist for areas in need
- Computer assistant for areas in need
Volunteer opportunities available at Saint Scholastica Convent include:
- Serving as a companion to sisters through one-on-one visiting, reading, playing games, and playing music
- Pet therapy
- Plants/gardens/grounds caretaker
- Pouring beverages and helping clean up at meals
- Driving sisters to their medical appointments and assisting them
- Assisting sisters in wheelchairs and those using walkers and canes to attend appointments inside our home
- Visit one-on-one with sisters with memory loss. We’re looking for individuals who possess calm, peaceful attitudes, have the ability to be patient and understanding, and are comfortable with one-on-one visiting. Child visitors are welcome and encouraged but must be accompanied by an adult. 7th–12th graders may volunteer without an adult.
At this time, Saint Scholastica Convent has a special need for drivers to take sisters to medical appointments and assist them with whatever they need. You will be reimbursed for mileage.