The Office of Mission Advancement invites our supporters to invest their resources in the ministries of the monastic community for the purpose of enhancing the lives of others.
We invite you to partner with us through a donation to the Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict.
Can You Donate Several Different Ways?
- Credit Card: You may give online or by phone. To give by phone, contact Sister Shirley Nohner at (320) 353-7027 or email@example.com.
- Cash or Check: Please send your contribution to: Saint Benedict’s Monastery, Office of Mission Advancement, 104 Chapel Lane, St. Joseph, MN 56374-0220. Checks should be made out to: Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict.
- Stock: To inquire about gifts of stock, contact Sister Karen Rose at (320) 363-7142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monthly or Quarterly Gift: It is easy to set up your gift in this way. For details, contact Sister Nina Lasceski at (320) 363-7051 or email@example.com.
Can I Give a Gift in Honor or in Memory of Someone?
To give a gift in honor of or in memory of someone, please indicate it with your donation. If you wish, the person honored or the family of the person remembered with your memorial gift can be notified. Please note that with your donation.
Can I Include the Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict in My Estate Plans?
To include the Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict in your estate plans, you may want to consider one or more of the following options:
- Will: Did you know that you can make a specific bequest in your will to the charity(ies) of your choice? Often, a gift can be arranged simply with the addition of a codicil to amend your current will. The example on the link provided could be used to assist you.
- Trust: A remainder gift to the charity(ies) of your selection can be included as a part of your trust.
- Donor Advised Fund (DAF): If you have funds invested in a community foundation account, think about granting some of those funds.
- Individual Retirement Account (IRA): There are several ways you can request to have a charity(ies) as a beneficiary of your IRA account(s). You can indicate the charity as a designated beneficiary. Or, you can give through a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD).
- Life Insurance Policy: It is possible to include the Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict as a beneficiary in your life insurance policy.
Please consult your legal, financial and tax advisors for advice and information on applicable state and federal laws as you work through your estate plans.
For all documentation, please utilize our official name:
Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict
The contact person in the Office of Mission Advancement for planned giving is Sister Nina Lasceski. She can be reached at (320) 363-7051 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The SECURE (Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement) Act of 2019 became law as of January 1, 2020.
- Are you more than the age of 70 ½ and have an IRA? There are new things to be aware of based on this SECURE Act, especially if you are 72 or older.
- Please contact your financial advisor, attorney or tax preparer for more details about this act.
- The CARES (Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security) Act
- Ask your financial advisor, attorney or tax preparer for more details.
Become a Part of the Benedictine Sisters Heritage Society Today!
- By including the Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict in your estate plans, you join many donors who also have made this choice. Thank you!
- Contact Sister Nina Lasceski at (320) 363-7051 or email@example.com for more details.