Lenten Practices 2023
The Lenten season is a sacred time at Saint Benedict’s Monastery, and we practice a spirit of silence at certain times throughout the day. When you visit during Lent, we respectfully request your participation in our Lenten practices:
- Beginning Ash Wednesday, a table reading will take place during the evening meal on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Silence will be observed before the reading takes place.
- Silence is observed at breakfast before and after Morning Prayer Monday through Saturday.
- Please keep a spirit of silence throughout the morning.
- Silence is lifted on Sundays and for these feast days:
- Friday, March 17, St. Patrick’s Day
- Monday, March 20, Feast of St. Joseph
- Tuesday, March 21, Feast of St. Benedict
- Saturday, March 25, Feast of the Annunciation