As the coronavirus pandemic continues to evolve, we are evaluating the situation on a day-by-day basis to help do our part in keeping Central Minnesota healthy. Please check back to this page for updates.
- Saint Scholastica Convent is closed to visitors until further notice. You are welcome to reach out to sisters via telephone.
- Saint Benedict’s Monastery is closed to visitors until further notice. This includes the Spirituality Center●Studium (including all gatherings and events), Art and Heritage Place, Gathering Place and Sacred Heart Chapel. Unfortunately, this means that visitors are not allowed to pray inside. Two alternative places to pray are the Marian Grotto and the crucifixion statue in the center of the monastery cemetery.
- In accordance with diocesan regulations, all public weekday and weekend Masses in the Diocese of Saint Cloud are suspended, effective through Easter Monday, April 13. Here are several resources available to you:
- You can watch watch the diocesan TV Mass at 11 a.m. on Sunday mornings.
- Saint John’s Abbey will livestream Mass daily until the limit on public gatherings has been rescinded.
- The Church of Saint Joseph will provide recordings of Mass on the home page of their website. The video is located in the upper left-hand corner and will be updated daily. These are recordings, so you will be able to watch at your convenience.
- You can participate in midday prayer along with the Saint John’s Graduate School of Theology and Seminary community and monastic members of Saint John’s Abbey.
Updated Thursday, April 9