As the coronavirus pandemic continues to evolve, we are evaluating the situation on a day-by-day basis to help do our part in keeping Central Minnesota healthy. Although the governor has begun easing restrictions, there have been no changes to our policy at either Saint Benedict’s Monastery or Saint Scholastica Convent. Please check back to this page for updates.
- Saint Scholastica Convent is closed to visitors until further notice. You are welcome to reach out to sisters via telephone.
- Saint Benedict’s Monastery is closed to visitors until further notice. Unfortunately, this means that visitors are not allowed to pray inside. Two alternative places to pray are the Marian Grotto and the crucifixion statue in the center of the monastery cemetery.
- Whitby Gift Shop is open for curbside services. You can purchase your items Tuesday through Saturday from 12–4 p.m. If there is something you would like to purchase, please visit our website for directions on how to place your order.
- The Spirituality Center●Studium will be closed through August. We will evaluate the possibility of an opening date this fall and will be looking into ways we may be able to offer virtual programming.
- Gratitude Day 2020, planned for August 9, has been cancelled. However, our gratitude for your kindness and generosity is just as great, and we are working on providing virtual means of gratitude. Please continue to check our website and social media pages for updates.
- There is currently no public celebration of Eucharist at Saint Benedict’s Monastery or Saint Scholastica Convent. Because we are a women’s monastery and not a church, we do not have a resident priest and therefore cannot celebrate the Eucharist. We look forward to opening our doors to you again, but for now, here are several resources available to you:
- You can watch watch the diocesan TV Mass at 11 a.m. on Sunday mornings.
- Saint John’s Abbey will livestream Mass daily until the limit on public gatherings has been rescinded.
- The Church of Saint Joseph will provide recordings of Mass on the home page of their website. The video is located in the upper left-hand corner and will be updated daily. These are recordings, so you will be able to watch at your convenience.
Updated Monday, August 3