We are continuing to evaluate the coronavirus pandemic on a day-by-day basis to help do our part in keeping our sisters, monastery friends and neighbors safe.. Please check back to this page for updates as we continue to navigate this unprecedented time together.
- Saint Scholastica Convent is closed to visitors until further notice. You are welcome to reach out to sisters via telephone.
- There is limited visiting at Saint Benedict’s Monastery with family members by invitation only. Unfortunately, this means that visitors are not allowed to pray inside. Two alternative places to pray are the Marian Grotto and the crucifixion statue in the center of the monastery cemetery.
- The Art and Heritage Place is open to the public. Visitors are asked to wear masks and practice social distancing once inside the building.
- The Spirituality Center●Studium is offering virtual programming. Hermitages are also available for use. Check the Spirituality Center●Studium page for updates and opportunities.
- There is currently no public celebration of Eucharist at Saint Benedict’s Monastery or Saint Scholastica Convent. Because we are a women’s monastery and not a church, we do not have a resident priest and therefore cannot celebrate the Eucharist. We look forward to opening our doors to you again, but for now, here are several resources available to you:
Updated Wednesday, April 14