In a time when our neighbors—both near and far—are affected by injustice and violence…can we do more than pray? As one of the sponsors for Can We Do More Than Pray?, we invite you to join with others who seek to do more than pray as we dig deep into the issue of violence in our families, communities and world with faith-focused action in three interactive sessions, which will be held at Bethlehem Lutheran Church, St. Cloud, Minn.
Sunday, March 24: Confronting Power and Violence with Faith-Focused Action
– Kim Salistos, Manager of Volunteer Services and In-Kind Donations for Anna Marie’s Alliance: Power and Control: Wheels of Abuse
– Dr. Vincent Smiles, Professor of Theology at CSB/SJU: Jesus and the Gospel of Non-Violence
Sunday, March 31: Abuse and Power in Relationships
– Heidi Santiago DeFord, Assistant Stearns County Attorney: A Personal Journey Through Domestic Violence
– Dr. Laura Taylor, Assistant Professor of Theology at CSB/SJU: Seeing, Healing and Justice: Theological Responses to Violent and Abusive Relationships
Sunday, April 7: Faith and Prevention of Violence from a Muslim and Jewish Perspective
– Hudda Ibrahim, Faculty Member at St. Cloud Technical and Community College, Founder/President of Filsan Consultant LLC: A Muslim Perspective on the Prevention of Violence
– Rabbi Marcia Zimmerman, Senior Rabbi at Temple Israel: A Jewish Perspective on Prevention of Violence
You can register for individual or all three sessions. Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, all sessions are free and open to the public.